We walk in and put in a reservation....only a 15 minute wait. So we go to the lobby. It's filled with old people; all scowling and all smokin'. Great. So we go into the bar...it's got a naked mermaid. Our little 8 year-old friend finds it the most amusing thing he has ever seen....And the bar is full of 200 lbs. women talking about, and I quote, 'the fat chicks that were hitting on Billy' We sent the kids to the game room.
While in the game room, the wives see two little boys come in with tux and tails. 'Why are you dressed up?' ask the wives...'cause momma and poppa just got hitched....' and decided to have the wedding dinner at....can you guess...the Happy Fisherman. I couldn't tell who had the bigger frown, the brinde and groom, or the old folks in the lobby.
One hour later, we got seated. It's now about 8pm and we're hungry. Aimee and I get the dinner special and Aimee spies the biggest block of cheese ever...omn the salad bar. Thank God! It was the best part of the meal. I forgot what Aimee and I ordered. I think that it was coconut battered mud. At least that's what it tasted like. But the cheese made it taste better if you put a piece of cheese on the plate and pretended it was the special. And the baked potato was awesome.
So we left the Happy Fisherman, full of cheese, hopped up on nicotine and blessed to have spent Billy and Jean's wedding day with them.

No comments:
Post a Comment