Monday, July 6, 2009

City Museum, Part 1

If you have never been to the City Museum in St. Louis, you're really missing out on something special. I am not sure who it's made for, but I fully participate in all the activities...as I can...as I lack the flexibility to do 'everything'.

We took Soph and Bailey Barnes to STL for a baseball game and started the morning at the City Museum, after a brief stop at Gioia's Deli for lunch. We spent about 5 or 6 hours crawling over, through, in and out of the art work. Bailey overcame a fear of heights and I managed to escape without a concussion, a first for me at the Museum. I think that the girls liked the outside best, I really like the caves and the 10 story slide.

As you can see in the pictures, the museum is a mix of art, sculpture, fun and architecture. We saw some neat pieces from days gone by and enjoyed an 'adult' component to the art on display. It was neat that the girls enjoyed the architectural elements such as the facades and art deco flair. We hated to go, especially since they were open until 1:00 that morning! Next time we'll stay.






No comments: