On Labor Day (I think), we went camping with the Looses of Lee's Summit. This is our sorta traditional holiday camping trip that we take on an inconsistent schedule. This year we went to Arrow Rock and stayed in the State Park Camping ground. Arrow Rock is a neat town formerly on the Missouri River and the entire town is a state historic site. There is a theater, some antique stores, an ice cream shop, etc. so we spent some time visiting Arrow Rock the town, some time checking out Arrow Rock the Sate Park and the rest of the time camping. Camping was a blast. I put my Boy Scout skills to the test with a great dutch oven dinner (beef stew with dumplings), mediocre desert (dutch over cobbler) and breakfast. The weather was great...except for the 99.999% humidity. When we woke in the morning, the visibility was zero and it sounded like it was raining....it was the humidity from the leaves dripping on the tent. I love camping....but I hate humidity....
No comments:
Post a Comment