Monday, September 15, 2008

NSGIC


Sorry for the delay in posting. I was at the NSGIC conference and didn't have access to a personal computer. I did have my work laptop, but blogging is a no-no.

What is NSGIC? I am glad that you asked. NSGIC is the National States Geographic Information Council, essentially a professional organization for state-level Geographic information Officers or GIOs. I have been involved with NSGIC for many years and am a past president.

We had our annual conference in Keystone, CO this year (it moves around). Keystone sits at 9,200 feet. Not too many folks were ready for the altitude and got sick. The fact that we literally work all day and then socialize into the night surely didn't play into it....Every year I 'socialize' and work too much and come home dog sick. Let's see if excessive work + social activities + lack of sleep = sick Tony this year.

I supposed that in many ways, NSGIC is a professional society. But, we have a mission that we have a lot of passion in. It's a great group of folks and some of my best friends are NSGICers. It was a great week and it was snowing on the day out. Trust me, it was a killer to be in Keystone and not ski.

No comments: