
Last night was the first Home and School Meeting. I thought that it went well, despite one or two of our speakers going long. The first few months of H&S have been really interesting. The only way to describe it is like being in a bunch of TV shows all at once. Start with far too many soap operas with folks over-reacting for the littlest things. Throw in a sit-com or two to represent the fun and silliness that has ensure. Add a few life lesson dramas; the making of a new life long friend or learning a valuable lesson. And finally, the reality TV show where I sometimes have to shake my head any say 'that's just not real!'
Any way you slice it, it has been a lot of fun and rewarding. You can't put your kid into a community school and not be a part of that community. I enjoy contributing to the effort, I appreciate receiving back the rewards of my efforts and I am glad to be a part of CCS!

No comments:
Post a Comment