So, I have been asked to help out with the work Holiday Party. I did last year, but declined this year, becuase, well, I don't really celebrate the holiday of Happy Holidays. I realize that I work for a state government and all, but, they give us Christmas off...so...how can you not allow employees to acknowledge the blessed event of the birth of Jesus Christ our Saviour, but allow the State of Missouri too? Makes no sense to me.
For some time now, I have been getting sick of the whole 'Holiday' thing. This year it's Merry Christmas and then Happy New Year to all. No worring if I offend.....I'll even slide in a Kwanza greeting or Ramadan good wish to anyone I know celebrating these holidays.
What do you think? Are you ready to put the Christ into Christmas? Or shall we be PC and not offend anyone and blanket the world with Happy Holidays? Take the poll to the right. You decide.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm with you sista!! That's one of the many things I love about my kids going to Catholic School...we can Merry CHRISTmas and Happy Easter all we want!!!!
So I say MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!!
OR brotha...not sure if it's you Tony or Aimee posting! :)
sorry to hear you have the on the road blues :( I couldn't tell ya what its like to be alone at this point, I think it would be strange for me.
Happy Holidays only if you are including Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, New Years, possibly Holloween, but normally Happy Christmas or Merry Christmas in my book dear cousin.
I recently heard that the "x" in Xmas was an Arabic thing, which I will look into when I get a second, those are few and far between these days, but I look up everything now, tired of the BS & hoaxes....Later...Amy U
Post a Comment