Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sophie's Tree House Starts!


Despite a July birthday, Sophie is finally getting her Birthday present. We decided to build Sophie a tree house (mainly because she asked) and because we thought it would be a great place for her to hang out. As usual, I obsessed for a few months on designs (and costs) and ultimately that a tree 'house' would be a). expensive, b.) an over kill and c.) down right dangerous to build (imagine hanging shingles 25' off the ground)! So, we started building her tree 'deck' a few weeks ago by placing up all the supports and work finally began on the deck itself. Thus far I have learned two thing: every piece of wood is warped, no matter how much you scrutinize it and I need a truck. I wish I could show you the pictures of 20 pieces of 12' deck lumber strapped to my car, but Aimee has the camera!

No comments: